Making a Nomination for Parish Pastor of the Year
Each year at its Annual Conference, typically held in the spring, the Academy of Parish Clergy recognizes a pastor for demonstrating excellence in parish ministry, by awarding him or her the Parish Pastor of the Year Award.
The nominee chosen for this award is invited to attend the Annual Conference, where presentation of the award is made. Registration fees, lodging, meals, and a transportation stipend are provided. The honoree receives an attractive plaque announcing his or her receipt of the award, and a one-year membership in the Academy of Parish Clergy.
The Academy of Parish Clergy is pleased to have celebrated the 23rd anniversary of the Parish Pastor of the Year Award at our 2015 Annual Conference.
More than one recommendation for a nominee is preferred. At least one recommendation prepared by a lay person is required. Recommendations from staff and judicatory leadership are welcomed.
To nominate a pastor for the Parish Pastor of the Year Award, please provide the information described below.
Provide the name, address, phone number, and email address of the following:
- Pastor being nominated for this award
- Congregation(s) currently being served by the nominee
- Nominee’s immediate judicatory or ecclesiastical leadership
- Person writing this recommendation
Please provide a recommendation describing how the nominated pastor exhibits the four pastoral characteristics described below:
- Faithfulness: How does the person help people to mature in their faith and to encourage them on their faith journey.
- Personal Characteristics: Includes self-care and the support of their spouse/partner, family environment. Is the person internally driven and called to do the work of the ministry?
- Leadership: Does the person lead the congregation to discern their spiritual future? Does the person help others to discover their gifts for serving others?
- How does the congregation show intentionality in reaching new people and increasing in worship attendance as part of the pastor’s leadership? How has the congregation become more faithful and relevant to the larger community?
Thank you for making a nomination! Please send your nomination by March 1, 2017 to: Nominations@APClergy.org